Driver killed in morning accident involving minivan, school bus on Route 58 | News
According to Suffolk police, the driver of a minivan died as a result of a traffic accident involving a school bus this morning.
Suffolk emergency crews received calls at 9:07 a.m. Wednesday morning regarding an accident on Route 58 Westbound and Route 10 (Godwin Boulevard).
Police say the van was traveling westbound and crossed over the median, hitting the bus head-on in the eastbound lane. Police say the van was wedged under the school bus.
No children were on the bus at the time. The driver of the bus was treated at the scene by Suffolk Fire and Rescue.
The identity of the driver of the minivan is unknown at this time.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Suffolk
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Overnight sign installation scheduled on I-464 North
- Gas line break causes lane closures in Portsmouth
- Man arrested for assault after being accused of following teen to bus stop in Portsmouth
- Two dogs, one cat rescued from Portsmouth house fire
- Candlelight vigil held for man shot and killed in Portsmouth